College Survival & Success Skills 101
Third edition – NEW!
Get Off to a Fast Start in College!
And Do Well the First Year and Beyond!
It’s College Freshman Orientation in a Book
with an Added Boost for Those Already in College!
In this fully updated third edition, College Survival & Success Skills 101, rich with anecdotes from students across the nation, is essential for any student who wants to improve time-management and study skills, boost a college GPA, get along with roommates, stay on track to graduate, become a world traveler with opportunities such as study abroad and find scholarships and awards to shrink the tuition bill.
Not only does College Survival & Success Skills 101 show you how to pack your college years with career-building experiences that can lead to graduate and professional schools clamoring to admit you and employers offering multiple job opportunities; this easy-to-use resource also shows you how to avoid many of the pitfalls on a college campus and still have fun.
Whether you’re a college bound high school student, an interested parent or a currently enrolled college student, College Survival & Success Skills 101 is a navigational tool you can’t do without. College Survival & Success Skills 101 is also a great resource for 1st generation and at-risk college students. This helpful resource is also frequently used by organizations interested in boosting student retention and academic success at universities and colleges.
College Survival & Success Skills 101 includes:
- Easy-to-follow guidelines for succeeding in your classes and how to get help when you’re not
- No-fail techniques for securing high powered internships, co-ops, and summer jobs with a contact list for the top forty opportunities
- An in-depth look at the top ten pitfalls to avoid in college
- Step-by-step suggestions for building your credit responsibly and minimizing student loans
- Ingenious strategies for combating loneliness and managing your social life
- Little-known methods for winning scholarships and awards as a college student
- Strategies for on-time graduation in four years and ways to avoid issues leading to late graduation and escalating college bills
- Sure-fire ways to help high school students prepare to enter college including a “What I Wish I Knew Before . . . ” section from current college students
As president of The Scholarship Workshop, author of the highly successful Winning Scholarships for College, and the winner of more than $400,000 in scholarship money, Marianne Ragins has worked with students, parents, and educators as a motivational speaker and educational professional dedicated to student success for nearly twenty years. Ragins also graduated summa cum laude, with an international internship, multiple job opportunities, and earned an MBA.
“College Survival & Success Skills 101 highlights every area a college student would need to be prepared from day one. Understanding the cost concern that faces many students and parents, the use of this book will help enlighten both on pertinent concepts to make this transition achievable and attainable.”
—Nikita L. Baxter, director, Visions an Educational Talent Search Program, York Technical College
“I first met Marianne Ragins in 1991 when she joined 149 other high school seniors, out of an applicant pool of over 58,000 students, and was designated a Coca-Cola Scholar. She and the other 4,000 Coca-Cola Scholars I have known since 1989 live the contents of this book. In my experience, success may be a bit of luck, but mostly it is capitalizing on the information and mentoring that come from so many facets of our lives. Use College Survival & Success Skills 101 to get the most from your college experience. The table of contents alone provides a snapshot of what one may expect to experience on this educational journey. Sensational!”
—J. Mark Davis, former president, Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation, Inc.