College Survival & Success Skills 101
Get Off to a Fast Start in College!
And Do Well the First Year and Beyond!
College Survival & Success Skills 101, rich with anecdotes from students across the nation, is essential for any student who wants to improve time-management and study skills, boost a college GPA, get along with roommates, stay on track to graduate, become a world traveler with opportunities such as study abroad and find scholarships and awards to shrink the tuition bill.
Not only does College Survival & Success Skills 101 show you how to pack your college years with career-building experiences that can lead to graduate and professional schools clamoring to admit you and employers offering multiple job opportunities; this easy-to-use resource also shows you how to avoid many of the pitfalls on a college campus and still have fun.
Whether you’re a college bound high school student, an interested parent or a currently enrolled college student, College Survival & Success Skills 101 is a navigational tool you can’t do without. College Survival & Success Skills 101 is also a great resource for 1st generation and at-risk college students.
College Survival & Success Skills 101 includes:
- Easy-to-follow guidelines for succeeding in your classes and how to get help when you’re not
- No-fail techniques for securing high powered internships, co-ops, and summer jobs with a contact list for the top forty opportunities
- An in-depth look at the top ten pitfalls to avoid in college
- Step-by-step suggestions for building your credit responsibly and minimizing student loans
- Ingenious strategies for combating loneliness and managing your social life
- Little-known methods for winning scholarships and awards as a college student
- Strategies for on-time graduation in four years and ways to avoid issues leading to late graduation and escalating college bills
- Sure-fire ways to help high school students prepare to enter college including a “What I Wish I Knew Before . . . ” section from current college students
As president of The Scholarship Workshop, author of the highly successful Winning Scholarships for College, and the winner of more than $400,000 in scholarship money, Marianne Ragins has worked with students, parents, and educators as a motivational speaker and educational professional dedicated to student success for nearly twenty years. Ragins also graduated summa cum laude, with an international internship, multiple job opportunities, and earned an MBA.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR, MARIANNE RAGINS
In her high school senior year, Marianne won over $400,000 in scholarships for college. As perhaps the first student ever to amass nearly half a million dollars in scholarship money, she has been featured in many publications including USA Today, People, Newsweek, Money, Essence and on the cover of Parade. She has also made hundreds of radio and television appearances on shows such as “Good Morning America,” “The Home Show,” and the “Mike & Maty Show.”
Ragins is the author of the highly successful Winning Scholarships for College: An Insider’s Guide, College Survival & Success Skills 101, and other publications. She is the president of The Scholarship Workshop and sponsor of the Leading the Future II and Ragins Braswell National Scholarships. Ragins is an experienced motivational speaker and lecturer who has traveled nationally and internationally conducting The Scholarship Workshop presentation and giving other motivational seminars and speeches.
Marianne graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science from Florida A&M University and received an MBA from George Washington University. Both her degrees were entirely funded by scholarships and other free aid. Marianne is originally from Macon, Georgia and currently resides in northern Virginia.